|Alias||Katya "Kit" Baxter|
Katya "Kit" Baxter-Fenwick
|First Appearance||Red Panda Adventures (01) - Riddle of the Sphinx|
|Affiliated With||The Terrific Twosome of Toronto|
|Voice Actor||Clarissa Der Nederlanden Taylor|
Only scattered bits of information about her appearance have been revealed. What is known is that she is 5 ft. 6, in her early 20's, has red hair and brown eyes, and after her recent stint at the beach, also has freckles. She has a vicious streak when it comes to dealing with criminals. Like the Red Panda, she uses a wide array of crime-fighting gizmos including Static Shoes, Grapple Guns and Gas Grenades. But while he would turn to hypnosis for interrogation, she is more likely to use her fists, which she does with great glee. She has the skill to back up her pugilistic tendencies; thanks to the training of the Red Panda, this former taxi driver is now a black belt in jujitsu, judo, and possibly other fighting styles. The relationship between the two heroes is the heart of the show, with Kit desperately trying to clue the Red Panda in to her feelings, only to be thwarted time and time again by his total obliviousness. The two finally come out with their emotions when Kit is thought to be dead by the Red Panda and he kisses her when she springs back to life (Season 3). In Season 4 the Red Panda and Kit are engaged, and the introductory narrative has been updated. Season 5 the Red Panda and Kit have recently been married. Kit has a fiery temper which can sometimes lead her in to trouble in which she delights. Kit delights in getting herself in trouble only because it means she can use her fits to get herself out of trouble.
Katya "Kit" Baxter is of Scottish-Dutch descent. Little has been revealed about her family or past. Her father was a taxi driver and possible former boxer who also taught Kit. Kit, as she prefers to be known, was working as a taxi driver for her father's former taxi cab company. One fateful day, Kit encountered a mysterious stranger who entered her cab and asked her to follow a speeding car. Already with a appetite for action Kit pursued the car with much gusto. The impatience of the stranger combined with Kit's legendary temper left Kit with a bad taste in her mouth as she dropped off the stranger an abandoned warehouse who later arrived to offer Kit a job as his new driver. Kit still offended by the stranger turned down the offer. As the stranger left Kit's supervisor attempted to get her to change her mind and to stop chasing a phantom like the Red Panda, saying that not everybody can bust up gangs in warehouses. This prompted Kit to recall the stranger from before. Kit caught up with the stranger and took the job.
After some training Kit debuted as the Flying Squirrel, partner of the Red Panda, during a crime attempted by Professor Zombie. As Kit's experience grew she gained a following and reputation separate from the Red Panda's own.
Kit's relationship with her "Boss" grew from a mild crush to full-blown love after many adventures. Barely hiding her feelings Kit's feelings would be reciprocated after a major adventure to NYC. During a battle with German scientist Von Schlitz Kit was felled with lethal mystical energy and pretened to be dead. The Red Panda seeing this rushed to her side. When proffessor Von Shlitz leaves Kit jumps up and starts talking to him about what just happened but skipping over the part where she saves him by flying into the ray from a mystical energy gun that was suppose to kill the Red Panda. Kit told him that the anti-magic technology built into her squirrel uniform saved her life.The Red Panda thought Kit had died so when he realized that she was alive kissed her. This allowed both to finally express their feelings openely and resulted in the two becoming engaged.
Kit has been described as highly attractive and, as such, has become the focus of schoolboy crushes for several characters in the Red Panda universe, including Constable Andy Parker and Spiro Pappas.
Powers and Abilities
- Trained Criminoligist
- Trained in Criminology and forensics by the Red Panda, Kit is a capable Detective.
- Martial Arts
- Kit's Father trained her in Boxing was known for Left Hook. The Red Panda also trained her several martial arts including Jujitsu and holds at least two black belts.
- Expert Driver
- Kit also a accomplished driver and can handle cars with extremely powerful engines.
- Her catsuit includes retractable gliding membranes.
- Utility Belt
- She thinks it makes her look "Hippy".
- Kit is trained in the use several firearms, but prefers to use her fists. Kit has several other crime-fighting equipment including Boomerangs and smoke bombs.
- Smoke Bombs
- Gas Grenades
- Built-in electrical security device to protect identity.
- Allows her to throw her voice and mimic other voices.
- Anti-Magic Ability
- The Flying Squirrel's catsuit is made with an interwoven special alloy that protects against mystical energy and hides her from Magical beings.
Laws and Lessons
Red Panda Crime-fighting Lessons
- Lesson #4
- Formulate alternate theories of the crime.
- Lesson #36
- Always check the back of the safe.
- Baxter's Law (Version A)
- When they [The Crooks] take the dusty things instead of the shiny things, they usually have a good reason.
- Baxter's Law (Version B)
- The way to a sidekick's heart is [to] buy her a sandwich.
- Baxter's Second Law (or Corollary)
- Defend against them [The forces of evil] with cunning and guile.
- Baxter's Law (Version C)
- People tend to get out of the way of crazies.
- The gliding membranes in her squirrel suit, with assistance from her static shoes, allow her to glide short distances and perform amazing feats of acrobatic derring-do.
- Red Panda Adventures (01) - Riddle of the Sphinx
- Taylor, Gregg. Red Panda Adventures episode 17 - Merlin's Tomb. Podcast. dir. and prod. Decoder Ring Theatre. Toronto, ON. 2006
- Taylor, Gregg. Red Panda Adventures episode 60 - The Great Fall. Podcast. dir. and prod. Decoder Ring Theatre. Toronto, ON. 2010